How to Recognize a Quality AC Contractor
Your AC system will probably be one of the biggest investments in your home or business. For this reason, you are going to need a good AC contractor to take care of the installation, maintenance and repair of your air conditioning system. How do you know which contractor is good? You may find the criteria below useful for the identification of quality professionals:
1. A quality AC contractor will comply with state and local codes and regulations. They will also have the required business and worker’s compensation insurance.
2. A quality contractor will know how to design and install an AC system that will best suit your individual needs.
3. A good contractor is well acquainted with the latest developments in design technology, procedures and equipment.
4. They will choose each part of your system separately. However, they will ensure that all the system components match – the air-conditioning coils, condensing units, fans, blowers, and duct work.
5. They will determine which rooms in your house or business are cold and dry in the winter and warm and damp in the summer. They will also try to find out if the air in your premises is prone to pollution with bio organic resins, poor air turnover and high humidity. They will do that, in order to recommend accessories that can prevent these occurrences, thus making your indoor environment healthier and more comfortable.
6. They will teach you how to take care of your AC system. They will show you how to change the filter and operate the thermostat. A good contractor will tell you how to recognize the symptoms of problems with the equipment.
7. A good contractor will perform a maintenance check of your AC system. This includes filter and air duct cleaning, regular comparison of temperatures created by the operating pressure system, lubrication of your fan motors, check up of the amp draw of your compressor, and many others.
If you are wondering where in New Orleans, LA or the surrounding areas you can find such a contractor, why don’t you try Gauthier's Air Conditioning and Heating? For more information about our company, please call (504) 481-4515.